Dr. Juan Nogales Enrique
Department of Microbial & Plant Biotechnology
Centro Nacional de Biotecnología (CNB)
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC)
C/Darwin, 3; 28049 Madrid (Spain)
Telf.: +34 91 585 4557 e-mail: email@example.com
Main Research Lines / Participation in SusPlast:
- Revaluation of complex and recalcitrant materials, including lignin and polyurethane, into value-added products through metabolic engineering of bacteria and synthetic bacterial communities.
- Engineering of industrial strains with increased metabolic capacities facing environmental stresses through the development and engineering of microbial metabolic robustness modules.
- Engineering of bacterial synthetic consortia guided by computational methods for the production of complex molecules using CO2 and light as the sole sources of carbon and energy.
- Creation of new standardized tools of synthetic biology for the acceleration of genetic modifications in bacteria.
- Study of the emergence of population heterogeneity in monoclonal populations and its use in complex biotechnological processes.